Helpful safety tips for new homeowners in Jonesboro
If you recently acquired your first home or you’re approaching the date to close, congratulations! It’s an exciting time for you and your family. You might be pondering the many ways you might customize your house with decor, paint, and furnishings. But, before you get too caught up in home improvements, make sure you consider home security as well. Keeping the ones you care about shielded from harm should always be a point of emphasis, and we’ll show you the way with the following safety tips for new homeowners in Jonesboro.
Conduct a safety check of your new Jonesboro property
Now that you’re thinking about safety, find out what your new home already has. To begin, make sure you have operational smoke detectors. Try all of them and change batteries if needed. Do you have CO detectors? Did you find a water sensor in the cellar? This is also an excellent time to update door locks and check all locks on windows. Go through each room and scope out your new home.
Smart security tips for your Jonesboro home
Once you’ve done your preliminary check of safety devices and locking systems, you can consider elevating your property’s safety. To get started, consider these security tips for your home in Jonesboro.
- Invest in a new home security system. One of the top tools for new homeowners in Jonesboro is a home security system. Modern wireless technology lets you keep tabs on your property even when you’re at the office or on vacation. You can view real-time video feeds, operate locking systems, and even communicate with guests on your front porch directly from your mobile device. You can even custom-tailor your system with amazing security implements such as video surveillance and monitored fire alarms.
- Update outside lights. Outdoor lights with motion sensors are a smart way to turn away possible burglars. You may even integrate them with surveillance cameras. When a motion detector is triggered, it can instruct your outdoor camera to begin recording.
- Maintain your yard. Can you easily see all of your property from inside? Are there oversized shrubs and trees impeeding your view? Get rid of potential spots to hide by keeping your yard neat and tidy. Your neighbors will appreciate it as well.
- Make friends with people on your street. Speaking of your neighbors, get familiar with them. If you know people nearby, they’ll be more inclined to inform you if they detect suspicious activity. You can also get involved in your neighborhood’s social media presence if one is available.
- Take advantage of home automation. If you opt for an advanced smart home, you can make it look like you’re inside by illuminating smart lighting at predetermined times. This is a fantastic feature when you’re at work or on vacation.