How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Jonesboro smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in full control of your Jonesboro home’s security and automation. See how it will help you and check out tips to get you started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Jonesboro?
Wirelessly coupling to components through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a doorbell camera, you can even speak to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote operability with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review real-time or recorded video from your linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Jonesboro by implementing schedules or establishing rules. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke alarm triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will remain inside your home and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and everything in your home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open window will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm your home’s security by following the above steps. You will then confirm you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Jonesboro
Despite the fact that various users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote access, choose email or phone and enter the details to deliver an request.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, go to the menu, touch users, choose the user you want to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Jonesboro security system. Contact (870) 568-4128 to learn more.